Summer is approaching. We all love to have a little sunshine and a tan is always a wonderful way to looking extra glowy and give you that little bit of added confidence we all need.
Here are some tips to TAN SAFELY
Before sun exposure:
- Shave 24 hours before tanning
- Exfoliate your skin before, this is essential to achieving an even tan
- Mouterise to keep your skin hydrated ( mainly in the dry areas)
- Is in sun, wear sun cream.
One of the most important ways to take care of your skin is to protect it from the sun.
A lifetime of sun exposure can cause wrinkles, age spots and other skin problems — as well as increase the risk of skin cancer.
How can we prevent sun damage?
For the most efective sun protection:
- Use sunscreen. Apply a generous amount of sun screen every 2 hours or more often if you’re swimming or perspiring.
- Seek shade. Avoid the sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., when the sun’s rays are strongest as it could be harmful to your skin.
- Wear protective clothing. Cover your skin with tightly woven long-sleeved shirts, long pants and wide-brimmed hats. Also consider laundry additives, which give clothing an additional layer of ultraviolet protection for a certain number of washings, or special sun-protective clothing — which is specifically designed to block ultraviolet rays.
Post sun exposure:
After having a relaxing day in the sun, you must take take of your skin after.
- Take a cool shower. If you have been swimming or in the sun for a long period of time your skin can become dehydrated so taking a cool shower will help with that and clean it.
Stay hydrated. Our body is made up of 60% of water so it is important to keep hydrated and it helps with your skin.
- Exfoliating. Avoid exfoliating so much as it may cause skin to peel and become very sore.
- Aftersun cream. Ensure that you use plenty of aftersun cream to help soothe burnt skin.
We hope you enjoy our tips for a safe and enjoyable tan this year!
Warm regards, Team Image