In order to keep both your fingernails and toenails you must follow the aftercare advice given.
- Leave adequate time to let the nails dry especially on the toes as putting shoes on straight away will damage the nails even if they feel almost dry.
- Reapply a good quality topcoat to prevent chipping and to give the nails more shine.
- Use a hand cream every day to prevent overgrowing cuticles and to keep them soft.
- Keep them at a sensible length to avoid catching and breaking.
- To prolong the life of your varnish wear household gloves to perform any housework or chores.
- After washing the feet dry roughly.
- Use a pumice stone to keep hard skin in between pedicures under control.
- Apply talc or special foot powder between the toes to help absorb moisture.
- Use an acetone-free nail polish remover.
- Drink plenty of water and eat well.
Fun facts about mani and pedi’s
- It takes darker colours longer to dry than lighter.
- Peeling nails are a sign of poor nutrition.
- Modern nail polish was a by-product of car paint.
- French manicure is really French.
- The most expensive nail polish costs £250,000.
Recommended Retail Products To Use Are
- Cuticle oil £5.95 – £16.95.
- Hand cream £2.50 – £37.50.
- OPI nail envy – £19.50.
- OPI top coat – £9.99.